Friday, November 8, 2013

New Leaf! (Please, please, do not imagine the Leafs when you read this.)

Life has finally gotten under a semblance of control for me and I'm in a writing class this semester. Therefore, I'm obviously inspired to start writing again. Yes!!!

There are a couple of pieces of business to address first.

1. MISTERBENLOVEJOY.
A moment of silence (long overdue) for the loss of MISTERBENLOVEJOY to the Anaheim Ducks. He has been, and will continue to be, missed. But take a look at that nifty lookin' "A" on the sweater! Good on you! Despite the loss of my favorite D-man love(joy), I am glad to see him getting the chance to be top 4 and playing well.

2. Voky.
Acquiring Tomas Vokoun from the Caps was a genius move. (Oh, Johnny!) Flower needed that strong, veteran WALL. Voky should get a classy standing ovation for the shitholes he's pulled us out of. That said, now we are without him for months while he deals with a blood clot issue. Hopefully he'll recover well!

3. Umm...this happened.
Sid, Sid, Sid. Keep your pretty face away from super crazy flying hunks of frozen rubber. Please and thank you. Some of his first interviews after the incident, I was so distracted by the fact that his jaw was a different shape I couldn't even focus on what he was saying. Thank the Lord, his noggin is fully recovered and he's better than ever.

4. The Great Re-alignment.
The league has a new look. If you want an explanation for how it all works, I'm pretty sure there's a press release somewhere. The important happy awesomeness that comes from this: Detroit and Columbus are now in our Conference. Which means they'll be closer more frequently. Woot, woot!

5. The brief, but adorable attempt to build a Captain's Line.
For a brief period, we had Jarome Iginla, Brendan Morrow, AND Sid all at one time. Just sit there a minute.

Visualize.

...
...
...

Yep. It was that cool.

6. Last, and definitely not the least, Jordy, Staalsy, Gronk! The Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League were proud to announce their continued intentions to own every player with the last name of "Staal."
Sadly, my favorite player no longer plays for my beloved Penguins. Understandably, he wanted the chance to play with his brothers. From what I've seen of the Canes play since he was traded (on his wedding day to Heather!), he's still have trouble adjusting to playing there. I don't know if it is a comfort level that is just not there or if things are just not clicking for him. But he has seemed a little lackluster in his performances.

It's all good though! (Because it's STALL good!) Just remember this series of moments:
 
At work this morning (I type in data entry in the mornings. Woo. Hoo.) I listened to the game in Detroit from 2008 when Jordy scored a hat trick in the final minutes of regulation and then assisted on Fedotenko's (good riddance) game winner in OT. Man, did that ever help my mood for the day!

On that note, it's time to officially publish my return to the blog and leave you with a song. A friend from work is in a band and just released a new music video. I was pleasantly surprised and it keeps growing on me. :) Enjoy!

No comments: